Friday, July 17, 2009

Perfect.


When I was little, my favorite movie-(of all time!)- was "The Last Unicorn". I still remember my mom driving 30 miles to the nearest movie rental store on a weekly basis. Eventually, seeing as we were the only ones to ever rent the movie, they sold it to us. :)

I have heard the term often. Commonly whispered from girl to girl at a party/bar..."her Unicorn, is here". The phrase is tossed around jokingly and there's even a "definition" of it on UrbanDictionary.com. haha.

unicorn
1. (positive)
Your dream person. Your perfect person. The person to whom you wish to be with intimately more than anyone else. This person is characterized by the following statements and application rational.
Statements:
The unicorn is a rare mythological creature, unable to capture.
They have healing powers and can neutralize poison.
Rational:
Despite its rarity, everyone has a unicorn. But everyone’s unicorn is rare to them. This one person can sooth your soul and give you a sense of worth or completeness. Just the thought of this person can heal your innermost pain on the darkest of days. It’s the perfect person.

2. (negative)
The unreachable love. Too good to be true because "unicorn status" is superficial. Because most unicorns are rare and out of touch, the truth of the unicorn is likely askew. Beauty is exaggerated and faults and other unattractive attributes are forgotten or discounted. It’s your true love…Mr. Right… dream girl… and endless pursuit of this unicorn can only lead to disappointment.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
An interesting observation, to say the least. I guess everyone has one, so I'll be on the lookout. Wanted: a mythical creature, unable to be captured. haha.

Oooh and I'm going on Ebay to see if I can find a copy of that movie I remember loving so much...

(find me a copy...and you just might become, mine.)

No comments: