Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Stormy Weather.

Today, it snowed. Wow. I can't believe it's almost been a year since I moved into my apartment. (Well, a year in Feb...wow, I'm really getting ahead of myself...haha) It was odd to hear the ting of jealousy in my mom's voice, while she is still dealing with sweltering weather. haha.

I've really come to love my morning drives to work. Grab gas, coffee on the way and leisurely drive the whopping 4 miles to this thing called a job. While I'm not a morning person, I do get quite the "people watching experience". I love my job. It was kind of a slow go, at first, but I'm starting to slowly hit my stride and am working hard at landing accounts with companies that I love. (Rue La La, William Rast, Diesel, Vice and Golden Voice...fingers crossed!) Everyone I work with is amazing and we have become quite the "family". Even to the point of getting Sunday brunch @ Em's with all the girls from work and having the staff smile to see us and our crazy stories, again.

I miss my family, terribly. It was odd to not have anyone here for my birthday...just here, at all. I guess that comes with being 2,000 miles away. I'm hoping to go visit for Christmas. Here's to hoping. I miss them.

I may have finally found the outlet for my clothing/store/all around bad ass project. I feel soooo confident lately and I know that I could really make this happen. I have amazing people that are helping me and connections that can help make this come to life. This time, next year it'll be 100%. Guaranteed. :)

Oh and there's this boy. He's kinda cool, yeah? He's a babe too. I've strayed from my usual "meh" attitude and put a bit of myself out there. We'll see if this works. It's like pulling teeth with me. haha.


Oh, but you know who's a babe too? This chick.

No comments: